Monday, October 29, 2012

Pom pom yarn

I have walked past this pom pom yarn in many stores before and have always wondered what in the world would I make with that. I finally decided to try it out, and I'm pretty glad I did.
This stuff may look intimidating but don't let it fool you. Stitches are worked between the pom poms. For me each single crochet stitch contained two pom poms: one when I pulled a loop up through a stitch and another when I yarned over to complete the stitch.
Originally, I was thinking that all the pom poms would be on one side, leaving the other a rough side of stitches. I was pleasantly surprised to see that this was not the case at all. Each side if my scarf ended up being very plush. The yarn created fun ridges and my colors created an interesting striped look.
I highly recommend trying it out!


The side view of the scarf. Notice the ridges?



From this angle you can see the striped effect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment