Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Crochet's health benefits

Here's an interesting article published in the Talking Crochet Newsletter.
http://www.crochet-world.com/newsletters.php?mode=article&article_id=2840&key=CWNL

A group in England actually use crochet as an activity for their "Wellbeing Wednesdays." For those of us that crochet, we know that crochet is a relaxing hobby. But not many think about the fact that it keeps our hands busy, which means that we're less likely to be snacking. I know that I tend to eat less when I'm working on a project.
Furthermore, what about smoking? I assume crochet could have similar effects (i.e. helping people quit or smoke less). Since I don't smoke, I am not sure about this one, but it seems like a logical leap to me.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment